Re: [T3] oil cooler removal

OLIVIA GARZA wrote:

> I've read in the haynes manual that removing the oil cooler on the type3
> without dropping the engine will drive one insane.  However I was checking
> out the situation and it looks possible.

Yes, it is possible, but then again, yes, it will almost make you insane.

I have replaced the oilcooler once and I did it without removing the engine
from the car. If I were to replace the cooler once again, I would definitely
take the needed time to drop the boxer instead of busting up the knuckles of
my hands the way I did when pulling the tin off the engine. In the long run it
is more work, but it is worth it. Then again, I can get the engine out in
minimal time (carbed, so not so many wires there) and only a bit mre to get
her up again.

PerL
73 Variant L