Re: [T3] Steering wheel

On 24 Jun 2001, at 17:49, Mike and Barry wrote:

> Just wanted to know if any one knew any tricks to getting the steering
> wheel off.I think that this might be the first time the wheel has come
> off since it was assembled in '67 fastback.

Undo the nut, remove the nut and washer, mark the shaft and
wheel so you can put it back on in THE SAME POSITION. It's not
going to be tight, just give it a sharp yank and it will come off in
your hands.

About once a year someone posts to the newsgroup about having
yanked too hard and hit themselves in the face with the wheel, so
try gentle yanks first. Pull with 2 hands so you pull it straight off.