[T3] clutch release arm removal for return spring replacement

Hello.

1968 fastback.  Brokern clutch return spring.
You've been a help to me in the past so I'm sending
you this question about VW's.  How would you reccomend
I replace the spring.  How could I do it without
removing the clutch release lever.  It is stuck.