[T3] '68 Notch questions

I left a report a few days ago about my not so sucessful engine removal. Now
I have been digging deeper into my new 1968 Notch. I plan to replace the
muffler, give the engine a service and rebuild front end and brakes.

1. After the trouble I had two years ago with old brake hoses on my 1964
Notch, I plan to replace all four on my new car. I removed the rear hoses
and they are marked: "67 SAE 40R1 ATE 1/8 3.5399". They are a quality brand
(ATE) but is it possible to read from the markings when they are
manufacured?

2. The rubber fuel hose passes through a hole in the front engine tin.
This looks as if the tin could cut the hose with unpleasant results...
Is it supposed to be like this?

3. Someone on the list suggested earlier that you could change upper and
lower bump stops to give better ride with a lowered front, but how do I
remove the bump stops without destroying them?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
64 and 68 Notches