[T3] Long question about a short

I just replaced the rubber seals behind the front and rear turn signals in
my 68 Squareback.  Now the right turn signals, both front and rear, work
fine but the left ones appear to be possessed.  When the left signals blink,
both front turn signal lights flash with the right one blinking very weakly.
The rear lights are worse.  Again with the left turn signal on the correct
upper left bulb blinks but so does the left and right middle tail light
bulbs although weakly.   There was some rust behind the front left seal
which I cleaned up and repainted.  It appears I have a grounding problem and
my question is "Are the two screws used to attach the chrome front turn
signal housing to the fender part of the grounding connection?"  I'm
wondering if the cleanup job is preventing these screws from making good
metal to metal contact.

Norman Roush
Max, the temporarily possessed '68 Squareback