Re: [T3] Auto Tranny fluid additives

> In my last tranny oil change a week ago or two, I accidentally
> added way too much of that synthetic stuff I bought. Well
> I was almost 2 quarts over and it showed,  oil on the mufller,
> oil all over the bottom of the tranny and engine. Everything
> down there seemed to be spewing this tranny blood.

That reminds me of a club trip to Wolfsburg about 7 years ago.  One of the
guys (who had a car repair business) had an automatic Bus, and had just put
in a new tranny.  His mechanic filled the tranny with the appropriate amount
of fluid for an empty tranny, but it appears there had already been some in.
Following him along a wet M25 motorway I couldn't work out why I was getting
so much smearing on the screen from the road.  When we stopped to collect
another club member, it became evident as my Variant was coated with ATF
fluid!  The level was still up a bit, but he followed me after that, so it
didn't matter to me.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/