[T3] MPG and heat

I have some data for you guys on driving , pressure sensor
adjustment (like a carb) and speed.

The best Miles per gallon was going to Los Angeles, an hour
and 40 minute drive. Pressure sensor leaned and steady driving
gave me around 34 miles per gallon, would have been better
if the compression were higher , presently from 75 to 85 on one bank
and 100 on the other, I know I screwed up on the rebuild almost
two years ago. The then lean pressure sensor made my engine run
a noticeable 50 degree hotter.

The worst gas mileage, on this good running engine, was 15 to 17 miles
per gallon when the pressure sensor was enrichened as much as
possible before engine tremble or at the borderline. This gave me
speed on the low compression engine, got to 100 miles an hour
ocassionally. Good pep and performance. Traffic bad, border
wait from Mexico to USA hectic, after that, accident caused traffic
to crawl for 15 miles, then got to downtown for more crawl, after
a few miles of this , checked the MPG at a gas station. Runs
very cool, about 50 degrees lower than my original midpoint reference.

I have readjusted my pressure sensor to a leaner level last Friday,
in very bad traffic it is around 25 miles per gallon and my engine it is
around 40 degrees hotter from my Pressure sensor midpoint adjustment.
If I adjusted this a little leaner I would get the engine slightly hotter.

So my miles per gallon is predictably dependent on my driving conditions
and the mixture setting, hopefully my new tires will improve my gas
mileage.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA