[T3] New car: 1968 Notch

Hello listees!

I have bought a new Type 3! My 1964 Notch is a very nice car, but drum
brakes and 6V electrics makes it impractical for everyday use. I have
been looking for a T3 that is more suited to be a daliy driver.

This thursday I bought a 1968 1600L Notchback. Post 1966 Notchbacks are
extremely rare in Sweden so I guess that I had some luck. From the
beginning the car was Lotus white with the optional red vinyl interior.
In 1986 the car was repainted in metallic grey. I plan to rebuild the
mechanical parts of the car this summer and then use the car as a daily
driver during spring-summer-fall.

The good parts of the car are:
1. There is no rust on the car and most repairs are done to a
satisfactory standard.
2. Excellent original carpet and headliner.

The bad parts are:
1. The red vinyl front seats have been replaced with one blue and one
white seat.
2. The car has wide 14" wheels with low profile tyres.
3. The front wings are glassfibre and the rears have been slightly
widened to make room for the wide wheels.
4. No heat exchangers and large holes in the muffler.
5. Lowered in the front and now rests on the bump stops.

Pictures will be on my site in early July.

My plan is to transfer heat exchangers and muffler from a scrap engine
that I own. I will also rebuild the brakes and the front end. I hope
that the car is ready for the Swedish vehicle inspection in August.

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 1500S Notch
1968 1600L Notch