Re: RE: [T3] '66 Square 6 Volt Questions

>>Nope, no pushbutton panel.  Just an ivory knob with a small button in
the
center for teh washer.  The knob just unsrews so far.  The headlight
switch
is a two position pull switch and you rotate it to change the dash
lights.  I
will try to disassembly the wiper switch tomorrow anmd let everyone know
what
i find out.<<

The pushbutton switch unit was discontinued in early 64. A 66 should
have a wiper switch with an ivory knob that you pull out to turn on and
push in to turn off. It has a rheostat to control wiper speed (slow and
slower, unfortunately) that you rotate right for faster and left for
slower (unintended feature: the slow speed is almost like having
intermittent wipers if your 6v system is weak). If the knob isn't
screwed on tight you'll unscrew the knob when trying to slow down the
wipers. Rheostats that haven't been turned in years sometimes won't
work. I think I have a spare working switch from  a 66 if you need it.

Scott
62 343, 65 361