Re: (T3) Q & A

> It IS OK to set MC
> plunger travel using only the locknuts on the shaft-just make sure the
pedal
> returns firmly on the stop bracket on the floor.

Oh NO IT'S NOT!  The Bentley or the official VW factory manual has the
correct procedure.  It was OK to do this on non-dual circuit brakes (within
limits).
Similarly, bleeding the brakes on dual circuit is done front (yes, FRONT)
circuit first, starting with the further one from the MC for each of the two
circuits.  Factory instructions but not normal practice outside dealerships
or informed enthusiasts.

> I disagree about our Ebrakes-adjusted properly they will hold the car
solid
> even on the steepest hills (it's not at all hard to do)

Very true of our air-cooled VWs, but not of the GTi mentioned I think.  Even
the Golf and Polo without rear discs have poor handbrakes compared with the
Type 3 and Beetle, but they have so little weight on the back they can still
lock the rears when at their best without slowing the car down much!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------