Re: [T3] Rear Wheel Cylinders

"Jaranson, John (J.W.)" wrote:

> My FLAPS claims that the front wheel cylinders for Super Beetles (PN 361-611-067A, 23.80mm) are compatible with the rear of my '66 Square.  According to RMMW catalog this is true for the '65, but my '66 requires a 311-611-067C, 22.20mm.  Anyone with a parts book know for sure?
>
> If it is compatible, I am assuming I should change both so that the piston size is the same.
>
> If not, how is it different than the 113-611-057, 22.20mm which fits Bugs, Ghias, and Things?

I may be very very far off here, but I remember the image in the type3 Haynes manual showing two one-way cylinders on the front drums. I dont know how long this setup was retained. My 68 Beetle has a similar setup as the rear end brakes, with one two-way cylinder and adjusters
opposite of the cylinder.

PerL