RE: [T3] Does anyone have a 6-volt flywheel gear for a Kymco Torq uemeister?

On 12 Jun 2001, at 7:57, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> Is this measurement for a 'dry' bolt or one that has lubrication (oil) on
> it?  From what I've read about fastener mechanics, thread lubrication makes
> a difference.

You're right that it makes a difference, but VW doesn't specify.
Since it really is quite hard to get a thread truly oil free, I think it is
fair to assume that they mean the lubricated torque.

Mine usually go in "lubricated" with Loctite. ;-)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054