Re: [T3] Thermostat Linkage

Alright.....things are getting a bit more confusing regarding the single port
vs. dual port thermostat linkage.  I planned to modify my dual part bracket
to work on the single port, but in measuring it on the engine it will not
work the way I imagined.  I looked in Bentley again and it is a bit cinfusing
too.  On page 15 of the Engine Section (9), Figure 9-7 clearly shows the dual
port linkage.  However, Figure 9-8 looks to be a single port head.  If this
is the case, than the bracket that bolts to the head is common between the
single port and dual port head!!!

The difference between the two is in the two push rods.  The one to the
cooling flap has an offset in it and the one to the thermostat has the top
"leg" longer on the single port.

I have a single port linkage on it way from fellow Listee, John LaFrancois
(thanks John) that I will be able to use for direct comparison.  I will let
everyone know what I find out.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)