Re: [T3] Brakes on my '66 Square

On 10 Jun 2001, at 23:41, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

> Not true.  I've had the opportunity to bring my old GTI to a stop with the
> E-brake.  E is for emergency, the master cylinder had a catastrophic failure
> while exiting the freeway.  Back in my foolish youth.  I had several friends in
> the car, and we were squeezing between cars into the right lane to exit, when
> "pop", no pedal and the dash light was on.

Depending on which circuit failed, you probably had more less
brakes left after the failure. With a tandem MC the stroke becomes
longer and this often makes people think they have no brakes when
in reality there really is something left.

Do you know what actually popped? Such a failure (pop!) really
doesn't sound like a MC failure; more like a hose or steel line.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054