Re: [T3] water leak

Subject: [T3] water leak

>    When I bought my fastback about a year ago it had a water leak around
> the front glass. I replaced the window rubber. Water still got in. Then
> I noticed the fresh air vent was not draining on the drivers side, a
> coathanger fixed that clog. Now the floor is wet again, the rust is
> worse and carpet shot. Dont know where it's getting in at. There's a
> small rusted through spot on the top of the front fender near the window
> and a  small spot on the bottom of the fender.  Where should I look to
> next?            Steve  66 fasty

Does it leak only while driving?? Check the antenna leading on the drivers
side. Check up in the area where the antenna lead comes in. I have seen rust
in this area, on both sides.  Also, using a coat hanger, may not have
cleared it completely. Not only do the hoses plug, but the drains in the box
itself.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/