RE: [T3] 5 speed transaxle

True on gearing.  Nightmare?  No.  PITA?  Yeah.  Since it's not designed for
a T3 it takes some custom work.  Only a pro tranny shop should do the
install.  I recommend Ranchero since they do air-cooled trannies and are
familiar w/what needs to be done.

http://www.icbm.org/erkson/ttt/transmission.html#custom

   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/