RE: [T3] Road trip! Battery woes?

So what do you think is going on w/the battery?

I just installed an Optima battery.  I only started my car up once to make
sure everything worked and so far so good.  There's an all-car show in
Sherwood this Saturday and I'll be driving there to give the import presence
;)  We'll see how she runs.

The nice thing about the new battery is that it's slightly smaller than the
old.  The old one is from Les Schwab and it was the biggest they had for the
space I had under the seat.  ~540 CCA but your standard, leaky battery.  The
Optima is all sealed up, of course, has top and side mount terminals,
built-in handle (very nice) and puts out 800 CCA -- wowsers, Shaggy!  Yes, I
did have to get a 17" ground cable to replace the awfully short stock one
(which I have stored in a zip-loc baggie) but it's a nice, shiny
steel-braided one and I have a Moroso quick-disconnect bolted to it -- very
nice and clean looking.

Naturally, with the replacement of the battery I cleaned and Corroless'd
(rust conversion primer from Eastwood Co.) the area and put in seam sealer
to temporarily patch the acid induced rust holes.

A battery that doesn't leak and has more punch in a smaller package...can't
wait for my Jetta battery to finally give up the ghost :)

   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/