Re: [T3] Road trip!

Jim Adney wrote:

>  Of course I was taking my 73 AT/FI squareback.

Way to go Jim!

> Later, my cousin Judy took me battery shopping, looped back onto
> the interstate, and I installed the new K-Mart battery. Started right
> up and ran like a champ for the rest of the trip. Sure wish we would
> have just a few warm dry days so I could get some of my
> preventative maintenance done.

Come on down to Texas... It's in the 90's already...

> The interesting thing was that the car ran fine with just a tiny
> amount of battery there to help keep the voltage even.

My old departed 71 Sqbak wouldn't run over 35 mph when it had a loose
generator belt. Battery good, start all the time. Not enough to keep the FI
working right, of course the std tranny would let you push start it if you
need to!! 8>) But alass i now have a fasty with auto tranny too..
--
Richard
69 Fasty  \oTTo/