Re: [T3] Thermostat Linkage

On 3 Jun 2001, at 19:46, JaransonT3@aol.com wrote:

> BUT, the linkage won't fit.  The heads between the '66 and the '71 are
> different and not just single vs. dual port.  The two top center head studs
> on the '66 are longer by approximately 1".  This poses a problem since the
> thermostat linkage bolts to these.   I presume that the linkage assembly are
> different from dual port to single or carb to FI.

I knew the studs were different, but it never occurred to me that this
affected the thermostat linkage. According to the microfilm, the late
bell crank assembly is the A version, implying that there was an
early version. The late one is supposed to work with early cars if
you replace the rod that goes down to the thermostat. I don't think
there's any chance of being able to buy a new one, but you might
be able to make one if you can't find one here, or at some place
like Bill & Steve's.