RE: [T3] seattle to grants pass

> man, you guys are really making me home sick!   I grew up on
> Whidbey Island and long daily to move back.

Greetings from The Rock!  I'm sure this place is totally different since
you've been here last;  we now have a Wal-Mart and TWO Blockbuster's!  I
work at NAS Whidbey and proudly drive the only Notchback in a 50 mile
radius, DAILY!  Well, right now it's torn down to rolling chassis and
unibody - thanks to the tree that jumped out in front of me.  (Pics to
follow shortly on the website)

>plus, you have all those cool VW shops!  i get to deal with red
>neck shops....

Sadly, the owner of German Autohaus packed up one day last year and moved to
Maine, and the restoration place by the Swinomish Reservation in Anacortes
also closed up (or moved?) recently.  The closest place for
gotta-have-it-now parts is BowWow in Lynnwood.  The next-best place is a
drive across the border to California Imports in Vancouver, BC.  Fifty cents
on the dollar last week!

> Brian--\x/64 Notch & 67 Fastback
> http://www.geocities.com/menacefye/invasion.html
> Parma, Idaho: Home of the 2002 "Type 3 Invasion" Aug. 17th and 18th

You can reserve my spot for the meet/show!  I think it's great that you're
putting it on - I'm sure it's going to be a headache, but all your effort
will be well worth it.  And much appreciated!

See you soon,
Freddie Lochner
http://devoted.to/my69notch
69 Notch  (currently under the knife on the operating table)
66 Fasty  (can be seen in the morgue - ANYONE NEED AN ORGAN DONATION?