re:Re: [T3] type3 tow bars ever produced?

In a message dated 6/3/01 10:54:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
type3-d-request@vwtype3.org writes:

<<  very common.  I have not seen such a thing listed in any current catalogs.

 > I think that Dan Zink did some tricks by doing something with the
 > bumper mounts... was it bolting something in place of the bumper, and then
 > attaching  >>

<zzzzzzzttttt wha ?>

<sleep mode off>

wow...been out for a while..saw my name mentioned...thought I was in
trouble.....anyhow.

Since I went to the "Briz" extruded aluminum bumpers I had a set of stock
bumper brackets available......I took the brackets off the stock bumper and
mounted 'em on the car. Then I took a 4x6and bolted it to the bumper
brackets. Took some angle iron and made a frame behind the 4x6 and used a
regular bug type tow bar and drilled through the 4x6 for the bolts. I'll take
some pix and tell ya where I posted 'em soon....Tell ya what tho'..... it's
pert near indestructible....

Dan

65 Notch ( with Type4 POWER )
65 Bug