[T3] Clanking pulley

Well just did a muffler repair on the 73 T3 is now very quiet   (Or was)
After repairing the header connection on to the right heat exchanger and
installing new clamps   a test drive proved a great success.

I later opened the v-belt inspection cover and checked the belt for
deterioration and tension all seemed well.
Shortly after I was taking the wife to town for a quieter ride and a funny
sounding clanging sound was coming from the engine compartment.

Upon closer inspection I have discovered that the crankshaft pulley seems to
be rattling against the fan housing.
I returned straight home parked it and continued to town in my truck.
Does anyone have any idea why this pulley is loose? Can it have worn out, or
is it just loose?
Will be tearing into it in the morning.

Peter Legault
73 Type3 1600 FI / AT