[T3] Starts, runs a little while then dies.

The saga of my screwed up 71 continues.

After the problems with the virgin "C" manifold pressure sensor (low
milage, black exhaust, gas odor in the exhaust) I put the monkeyed one
back it.

I'd been driving it for about a week and a half like this with no
problems.

Today I was going to go to the San Diego meet (I even made a big
batch of barbecue, and borrowed a digital camera.). I did some
relatively stop and go driving first as I hit some garage sales before
I went.  I stopped at a store on the way.  When I left it wouldn't
start.  I checked the fuse panel and the one on the far left was gone
(as in not there) I don't know if it blew and fell out, or just fell
out then and there, or fell out long ago.  I replaced it.

The car then started but when I hit the accelerator (with no load) it
slowed and died.  I finally had it towed home.

I'm hesitant to even bother with adjusting or measuring anything since
I have mismatched FI components.

I need to know what year engine is in there.  I think it may be a '72
but can't find the engine number.  Could someone please send me a
picture of where it should be.  I'm worried because the tables in Muir
diferent types listed for the '72, one where it timed to 5 degrees
advanced.  As far as Muir's pictures are concerned the flywheel
pictures look alike, but I could have gapped the valves at the 5
degree advance position.

If I have to I, will use a FI system for a different year as long I
can get matching components.

I have an "E" brain, 2 "D" brains, a "C" MPS, a throttle valve switch
[TVS] with the 5 contacts, a spare wiring harness for a system that
uses the 4 contact TVS.

I suppose the easiest thing to do would to get the proper MPS.  Does
anyone out there have a virgin one for sale?  If not a part # would be
helpfull when I scouer the junkyards.

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square
71 FI manual square