[T3] OIL CHANGE MAINTENENCE UPDATE (interesting)

Well I finally changed my oil and after
10,000 hard miles, this still looks yellow/gold
transparent. Very clean oil. I guess
the oil filter, large oil cooler and
synthetic is doing it's job. The oil did
not even have the funny smell that old oil has.
The magnetic tipped oil plug had no material at
all, so this shows virtually no no ferrous material
wear. Maybe it is the Duralub ?

I also replaced the autotranny's synthetic
fluid. Is this fluid supposed to get dirty
or not see through ? My fluid did not pickup
any noticeable particles but the color of it
was changed to a darker color. It was no longer
see-through and in a glass jar the sun did not
show through. Is this normal indication of normal
oil wear ? I have changed this 6 months ago
again with synthetic. Is this normal or is
it my driving ? It looks very transparent
when it is pouring out of the pan but
with the thickness of the jar this stuff
will not let light through, like engine old
oil but red.

I adjusted my valves after over a year, thank
God for those swivel rocker adjusters, there
was very little adjusting to do to my valves.
The spring side of my heads are so clean they
still look new, no burned oil look, no golden look.
I guess this is a sign of good cooling. 35,000
miles on these heads, the last ones overheated
and cracked. Enhanced cooling made these last
nicely.

I checked my compression and it was 100 lbs on
the two left side cylinders and 94 lbs on the
right side this is 5 lbs pounds less than I
expected, I guess it all depends on the
outside temps. Last time it was between 105
and 110 but this is acceptable because
the compression is always different depending
on air temp and engine temp and how dry the
piston is at the time. The only thing one
wants to see is if the compression is even.
10 percent diffrence between two cylinders
on the same side, the reason my two sides
are not even is because I did not measure
and adjust the deck clearance between pistons
and cylinder tops. My compression is
intentionally low .

I still get very good performance anyhow.
Just thought you guys would like to know
about how my engine's condition looked after
my driving/

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA