Re: [T3] Popping out of gear

On 31 May 2001, at 16:26, Krystina McCoy wrote
> I've got a 68 squareback with an annoying problem - it pops out of
> fourth gear. Other gears don't do this. You can hold it in very
> easily, but it won't stay at all on it's own. This just started
> happening recently, and I'm wondering if the really hot weather we're
> having here may be contributing to the problem.

I'd start by getting the gear oil changed (use GL-4.) See what the
stuff that comes out looks like. This problem CAN be an internal
tranny problem. It is also possible to be front or rear
transmission/engine mounts which have gotten soft.

> Another personality quirk it has is that the turn signals won't work
> when the headlights are turned on.

They don't flash outside, or nothing happens anywhere...? Sorry, I
really don't have any ideas here.