Re: Fw: [T3] Removed body....body pan gasket nailed to floor

On 31 May 2001, at 19:42, Volkswagen Restorations USA wrote:

> > Yes the gasket is nailed to the pan. Uses the same nails as the
> > carpet, to hold it in place while being assembled.

I have seen nails in the carpet occasionally, but I could never bring
myself to believe that they came this way from the factory. I fixed a
long lasting problem in one type 3 by prying out one of these nails
which had been driven thru the carpet AND the wiring harness
along the sill just inside the driver's door. It had caused an
occasional short. I don't recall how I ever figured THAT one out!