[T3] Shock question

I have had KYB Gas-Adjust shocks on my '68 Sqbk for about 16 years and they
are still in good shape.  However, my 50+ year old body is telling me I'm
not a kid anymore and get something less bouncy!  I had 195-50 BFGs on the
car which were just recently replaced with 165-15 standard size tires which
helped a  lot.  Is there any difference between Brazilan and German OE
shocks?  Are OEs any better than Bielsteins or is that a subjective
question?  The steering is a bit twitchy even after an alignment but I'm not
sure the Wheel Works Wizards had the knowledge to do a good job on this old
car.  I'm hoping going to OE type shocks will help settle the steering as
well as the ride.

Thanks,
Norman
'68 Sqbk