Re: [T3] Dist. cam endplay

Subject: [T3] Dist. cam endplay

> Greetings & blessings; How much endplay on the dist. cam is too much? when
> remove the rotor and pull the cam upwards, I get a good 3/32". That sure
dont
> feel right to me. What impact could that have?

There is about maybe a 1/16" play in the centrifugal advance mechinism, and
then there might be a little play in the whole shaft.
There is supposed to be a fiber thrust washer between the drive dog, and the
dist. housing. This may be gone, or worn.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/