Re: [T3] Oh No! Rust!

Jesse wrote:

>>i found that a lot of the sealer that vw used to seal
the joints to keep out dirt for the cooling air is coming loose. Had
anyone had this problem? I guess i will just use por15 por patch to
replace the loose pieces. Is there something that i am not thinking of
that would work well for this? <<

The purpose of this seam sealer was to keep water out of the interior
and to keep the seam from rusting. On most of our cars it's not doing
either anymore. You can use the same kind of seam sealer VW used--it's
available at auto paint supply shops. The advantage is that it's more
flexible than POR 15 and probably seals better, at least when it's new.
Your best bet might be to stop the rust with POR and then use seam
sealer over it.

Scott
62 343, 65 361