Re: [T3] Mystry wire

> We looked at some the guy had on the shelf and found a
> 021E with a potentiometer.

Just to check, was the start of the part number 311 (Type 3) or 021 (Type
4)?  I thought I had  found one with a potentiometer, until I realised it
started 021 (or 022?) and was for a Type 4.

I was told by a VW service engineer that VW did supply a Type 3 brain with a
potentiometer where the CO level wasn't correct even when everything checked
out OK otherwise, but that's just hearsay rather than hard evidence for
their existence, after all the years in between.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------