[T3] need CARB help!!!

I just finished rebuilding both of my carbs (Solex 32 PDSITs).

I discovered two potential problems:

1.  The bases of both carbs seem very slightly warped.  They were not leaking before I took them apart to clean them, but now the top half and the bottom half does not quite fit together around the throttle body.  Is this going to cause a significant fuel mixture imbalance?

2.  MOST IMPORTANT:  On on of my carbs, the piston attached to the automatic choke is hung up.  I can't seem to free it.  What are my options to break it free?  Do I have to connect this piston to the choke in order for the choke to work property or was this piston simply a "stabilizer"?

Please help ASAP.  If you have any answers, call me at 214.405.6201 and I will gladly call you right back (on my nickle).

Thanks in advance.

Jason