Re: [T3] Shes a little slow

On 28 Jul 2001, at 0:38, Shirleyclan wrote:

> Try checking the distributor vacuum advance. I have a 72 with dual diaphragm
> and both failed at once, so only the centrifugal was working.

Losing the vacuum advance on a dist which also has the centrifugal
advance will not generally make any perceptable difference in
performance. It WILL cause the gas mileage to drop.

It's unusual for the 72 dual vacuum can to lose function on both
sides at once, although it is common for the retard diaphram to
tear. I've had such bad luck with those that I avoid taking those
distributors apart for fear that moving the cannister arm will cause a
failure. Those units are EXPENSIVE!