Re: AT mysteries revealed (was Re: [T3] AT deathmatch)

On 26 Jul 2001, at 22:20, Greg Merritt wrote:

>  O.k., so I've looked in Bentley (Automatic Transmission, page 28,
> figure 10-25).  It looks like the lever shaft that passes from the
> exterior to the interior of the tranny has flats where the interior
> lever mounts onto it.

I've looked at the Bently now and you're clearly right about this. It
looks like something that has come loose and then worn slop in
itself. I think you will need to fix up some parts by welding and filing
them to shape.

OTOH, it is possible that the weld between the outside lever and
the shaft has broken. This would probably be the easiest thing to
fix, as long as you can figure out what position to get it welded
back on.