Re: [T3] Weld in Replacement Panel for Battery Box

At 11:52 AM 7/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to figure out where I can get a drop in, weld in panel for where
>the battery sits in my 68 Type3 Square.  Or what other VW I can use a panel
>from.  I know I can probably get a piece of metal and have it custom bent.
>But I would rather order one (along with maybe a few other parts) from a
>place that has prefabbed ones.  I haven't had any luck finding anything.  I
>also need to figure out where I can purchase a Bentley and Haynes manual for
>the sucker.  I'm coming up dry. :(

I scored a Haynes TIII manual for $5 on ebay a few months back so you might
want to check there. Also, I just had my battery tray and rear passenger
floorboard replaced with a prefabbed Ghia floorboard section (the right
rear quarter section) which you can buy from Motorworks or Bill and
Steve's. SInce I had someone else do the welding I can't tell you how hard
it was to fit, but it sure looks good!

Good luck!

DY
68 Square