Re: type3-d Digest V01 #450

Subject: Re: type3-d Digest V01 #450

> All of the type 4s are standard with a fully automatic transmission, just
> like all of the domestic cars out there (and type 3s for that matter) The
> Beetles and Ghias are the only cars that had semi-autos. My crazy brother
is
> the only person that I know that even likes them.
>
> Kelly (69 fasty)

Automatic Stickshifts can be kool if you know how to use them. Every seen a
stock 1500cc Bug lay down a 50 foot patch of rubber?
They got people that didn't know how to drive a stick into VW's  When
working for the dealers, we had quite a few handicapped people driving
autosticks. And a couple rural mail carriers loved them because you couldn't
hardly get them stuck in the snow, and they could drive them from the other
side of the car.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/