[T3] Kickdown switch

HI,

	I have been wondering over the years if I really need this item on
my Squareback 1973. I used to have Fuel injection on my engine, they were
no good so I switched over to stock Dual Carbs. I have Automatic Tranny.
Been using for 5 years without kickdown switch then a thought came to me.
Does my car really need Kickdown switch? What does it really do ?

-Jason