[T3] escutcheon removal for Emergency Flasher Switch

Hi all,

First I'd like to thank the folks with the info on removing the turn signal housings. On
my 69 SQBK there are two REFLECTORS beneath the signal housing and I thought that's where
the turn signals were located (to match the two bullet signals in front).  I feel pretty
dumb.  DOh!  All the bulbs and connections were good so I started to trace the wiring.

In going through my turn signal/flasher system I was hung up on removing the escutcheon
(screw) to take a look at the emergency flasher switch in order to trace the wires.  The
Bentley says to use the "Special Wrench" to remove it.  What will work for that?  Will a
large screwdriver work to screw it out?

Also, the manual suggest running terminal 49(+) of the flasher relay to terminal 30 of
the fuse box to check the relay itself.  Which is terminal 30 of the fuesbox?  Is it
basically where the fuse is for the signals or is it on the reverse side of the fuse box.

So my turn signals still need work and the car idles very HIGH all of a sudden, but I
found some good tips and procedures in the list archives for IDLE problems.  The
weather's cooled off so I'm up to some car fixin' this weekend.

Thanks! -jim

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com