[T3] Wierd Idle

> Check for a vacuum leak around the auxilary air regulator. If you don't fine
> any, slow the idle back down. You don't say what year it is. If it is a '70
> or newer fuel injection, the throttle switch may be out of adjustment.
> What you are describing is normal for T-3's that are idling too fast. The
> ECU thinks the car is decelerating. so it shuts off the fuel to the
> injectors. When the engine speed drops to a certain point, it turns them
> back on.

Now, what about those of us who have the vacuum retard on the 72 engine? My
idle tends to wander a bit, and before, when the idle was too low, it wasn't
like someone was hitting the gas as much as it was like the car appraoching
konking out and then kicking back in again, it would just go down, then back
up, over and over. Since I readjusted the timing and the idle, this
wandering is less extreme - my idle fluctuates bet. 800-900. Is this OK? Or
should it really stay the same?

Again, I have the vaccuum retard system on my engine, so..

--
Mike Wodkowski
72 SQBK