Re: [T3] title?

In a message dated 7/25/01 9:25:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
skoog007@hotmail.com writes:

<< Subj:     [T3] title?
 Date:  7/25/01 9:25:57 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  skoog007@hotmail.com (Nick Clinton)
 To:    type3@vwtype3.org

      My neighbor has a '68, I think, Notchback.  He wants it off of his
 place, and I want it.  He only wants $100 for it and I am going to buy it.
 The only problem is that it has no title.  It was on the place when he
 bought it almost twenty years ago.  He does not know the previous owner, and
 I am afraid to claim a lost title because I do not want the previous owner
 to take it back.  Is there anyway I can get a title?

 Yes. You can get a title from almost any Department of Motor Vehicles by
just explaining the details of your finding an abandoned auto just as you
have explained. It
may take a month or so to get the title, but you can do so. Charge the PO for
storage of the car for 20 years, if he balks. But you don't know him anyhow,
so what difference does it make.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com