[T3] bus trans into bug-HELP

     I know I asked this before, but never got a complete answer. I have a 2180 Scat
Volkstroker I am putting into my 74 Beetle. I obviously need a stout trans to put in front
of the motor, I'm not doing too much racing, but if I take it down the quarter mile once
or twice at street night, I don't want to have to trailer it home, ya know?
     It seems that my most cost-effective route to go would be to put a Bus motor in. My
questions are:

I don't want to go swingaxle, I would like to keep it an IRS. What parts would I need, and
from what years? How do I identify the trans and parts I need?

What clutch should I use? Can I use a Beetle clutch?

What modifications do I need to do, and if someone can point me to a good overview of the
whole project, that would be a HUGE help.

     I know it's a big laundry list of questions, and I may be opening an undesireable can
of worms by doing this, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a pro-built tranny and I
don't want to tear apart my stock tranny. I need to get working on this, racing season is
gonna be over soon!
     Thanks for your help.

--
CRusTy DoN