Re: [T3] Nose Cable

On 25 Jul 2001, at 20:46, Steven Carpinter, ExpoQuip Hire wrote:

> Thanks for all those who helped with the oil light problem - the
> winner is (and I'm ashamed to admit) the person who asked if I was
> checking the level. The rubber collar that lives on the shaft (I
> presume that it is to stop blowby) had slipped down to cover the high
> mark, so I was maintaining it at the low mark. Where is that collar
> supposed to live, anyway?

That's a new one. I have to admit that that possibility never occured
to me. The rubber bumper goes about 3" above the oil marks. Early
cars have 2 bumpers, one high and one low.

> And now for today's problem - when you break the cable to release the
> nose, how do you open the nose to replace the cable?

If you really broke the cable you'll have to drill a hole in the nose,
below the latch. What year do you have? The right spot to drill
varies with the year.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org