[T3] Original or restored

""Original" is synonymous to "restored" in my opinion.  You are putting the

car back to the shape/condition as it was when it came new from the

dealership.  You are putting the car back to its original condition (as

close as can be)...you are restoring it.  Same difference."

I agree with Toby on this point.

There couls also be unrestored original cars too which I think many times get
overlooked.  When someone restores a car back to original that is replacing
the parts with stock components...hopefully NOS ones.  I have seen quite a
few nice unrestored original cars though that still look like the rolled of
the show room floor.

I am a bone stock nut myself and have a nice original unrestored 73
Squareback with full documentation right down to the odometer statement when
it was purchased from the stealership back in 73....and I love it!!!!!!!

I guess it is all about semantics....original unrestored, restored,
custom/resto, custom....personally I like em all but steer more towards super
nice original unrestored cars these days....

Just my two cents worth.....:)

Greg

73 VW Squareback (62,000 original miles and bone stock)