Re: [T3] 71 Fasty Engine help? Please, if there is a VW God Please HELP!!!

Hey Mike,
Sounds like you need to check you fuel injection trigger in the
distributor. Sounds like one of the contact points is not doing it's
job.
jesse
71 fi squareback

Mike Wrote:
Man when you put everything in to perspective you can really see that a
mistake
was made on my part on thinking that I could take this car and assume
that I
could use it as a daily driver, for even a short time.  But I think I
have figured
out a problem with my car that maybe my main problem.  There is a small
vaccum
module attacted to the distributer.  That i think is an Automatic Vaccum
Advance
but it doesn't appear to be fuctioning.  At an idle it doesn't appear to
blowing
or sucking any air...or at a high rpm doesn't appear to being anything.
Also
while the car is idling I can remove the spark plug wire ends from the
distributer
running to the two cyclinders closest to the rear of the car and it
doesn't
appear to affect the running of the car.  I also removed the wiring
harness
plug from the fuel injection units on the same cylinders and it also
doesn't
appear to affect the running of the car.  At an idle I mean?  What does
this
mean?  T3 Guru's please enlighten me with your knowledge.

Thanks all

Mike