[T3] re t3 engine in and running

the outlets on the fan housing need to be blocked of coke cans or suchlike
will work in this location most air will be escaping out the fan and not
doing its job and seeing how you live in sc you need all the cooling air you
can get.
       im hopeing you havent cooked it allready!!
   all the tin as vw intended should be fitted from the flaps all the way to
the tiny rubber bungs that go around the spark plug leads i even put a
grommit in the hole that you read the timeing thru!
      we had sort of a hot day here today 32 c and my oil was highest its
been this year but my heads stayed at 300c at a steady 75 why cause all the
cooling precautions i can possible take i have .
      if you imagine the air as water would you be happy if it was just
pissing all over the place instead of going where it should ? no youd fix
the leak im sure.
      running lean will also cause you to overheat and to much advance get
the timeing checked if its a 009 go no more than 30-32 advance and take it
to a shop and have them shove a probe in the exhaust to see what the co is
like adjust it if possible to only very slightly rich in sc this is probably
a problem with all your emmision laws!
     i do hope you havent cooked it allready :(
neil verdon 66 sqr on irs pan
best among equals rise to the top.