Re: [T3] 71 Fasty Engine help? Please, if there is a VW God Please HELP!!!

Hey Mike,

I know alot of t3 guys who prefer to have an
"origninal " vw but unless the FI has been kept up
with the most constant extent then I would junk them
if I were you. I have a 68 fasty with FI and the
system was really unkept and there were same colored
wires everywhere I looked. And this was factory. The
wires were for the FI setup. I found it much easier
(and cheaper!!!) to install dual carbs. They are more
reliable, they don't need vigorous maintenence, and
over-all they don't have breakable plastic/rubber
parts. I mean the FI system is  30+ years old. How
much would you put your faith into that? especially if
you need your baby for a daily driver for work and
stuff. This would just save you alot of headache. BUT
if you like having FI and you want to keep it, by all
means do so. By having our t3's (or any veedub) we
love to have the things we want in them and we alone
decide what is best for our german made autos. How we
love them so. ;-D

Erick