Re: [T3] engine rebuild questions #...4?

Jim, I was able to get a set of Volkswagen 1500 workshop manuals from
Autometrix in the UK for £20 each plus postage.

Glad to hear they went to a good home.  Neil Birkitt who arranged the sale
of these publications is a former editor of VW Motoring (UK VW mag) and the
current editor of Volkswagen Driver, another UK VW mag.  He ran the Type 3
History item in the Feb(?) issue.  I don't think there will be any more at
that price - I paid more for mine about 10 years ago.  I had a Type 4 parts
book from the same batch of reference texts held by the car magazine and
manual publishers, also very good condition, plus a Type 3 engine cutaway
poster.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/