Re: [T3] Breather and Leaking Drive Shaft Seal,Oil Bath Airfilter

> Hello my friendly type3 listees,
> I have this little problem of the crankcase breather cap popping out.
> I bought a new one thinking the old one did not snap in real tight.
> The new one does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem, but I put an O-ring around the part that presses in and
now it is tight , but not to tight.

> Thanks all,
> jesse
> 71 fi squareback
> Ps. I had a problem of an uneven idle that i had asked about maybe a
> month ago. I did a valve adjustment this weekend and found that i had
> a tight exhaust valve on one of the cylinders. I adjusted it and set
> the timing and found that my idle problems seemed to have gone away.
> Would the valse adjustment fix an uneven idle problem?

Just  a few  days ago I tried to start my car after a semi tear-down,
needless to say I changed the lifting rods around and the valve adjustment
was way out.

I thought this wasn't very serious and tried to start the car without
adjusting the valves. Every time it wouldn't want to start and when it did
it would run on two cylinders.
I adjusted the valves and it started right up and ran fine, except for a few
backfires because of my swiss-cheese exhaust.
Just goes to show that valve adjustment is very important.
Herman