Re: [T3] Fan and fan housing..

Subject: [T3] Fan and fan housing..

> hello again, everyone...
>     I just want to get everyones opinion...  should i use my old fan and
fan
> housing on my new engine, or get a new setup?  my old fan and housing are
> pretty beat up (capped with cans, thanks to the PO)  I suppose theyre fine
> use though...  and getting new ones would kind of be a waste of money... i
> guess ill stick with the old ones.  i just answered my question, but i
would
> like to hear everyones opinion as well.

I doubt if you can buy a "new" fan housing. If you old one is solid, and not
cracked or damaged in any way, reuse it. As for the fan, make sure it is not
damaged or bent. Make sure the center hub is not loose.
When installing the fan housing, make sure it is centered on the crankshaft.
Just snug the bolts until you are sure that the fan is not going to rub on
the housing.

Good luck on the new engine.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org