Re: [t3]clock acting funky

On 17 Jul 2001, at 20:12, Corivus De Lan wrote:

> Hi all!!  I've had my 68 squareback for a while and most of ya have
> proably heard my questions every so often on it, some more then others
> but I was wondering, my clock works but it advances in time, like I'll
> set it to the proper time and look down at it and it'll be like two
> hours a head of the actual time like an hour later, and like after a
> day it's somewhere between 8 hours and 2 hours behind ...

That's a pretty extreme example of a clock running fast. My guess
is that the balance spring has gotten caught on itself, or a drop of
oil is stuck in there which is sticking 2 turns of the spring to each
other. Either way, it takes a very delicate touch here to keep from
damaging it permanently.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org