[T3] Breather and Leaking Drive Shaft Seal,Oil Bath Airfilter

Hello my friendly type3 listees,
I have this little problem of the crankcase breather cap popping out.
I bought a new one thinking the old one did not snap in real tight.
The new one does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem?
I checked to make sure that the breather is not clogged and that it
is venting into the air filter and it is, so any hints?
Also, i changed my transaxle fluid with amsoil trans fluid and i have
found that it is leaking out of the drivers side drive shaft seal. I
know the level is right at the bottom of the fill hole so trans is
not overfilled. The leak is not terrible but it drips maybe a drip or
two overnight. I am familiar with changing these seals on watercooled
cars and it's a pain because of the spring under the drive flange. Do
the aircooled cars have a spring under there or is there just a
c-clip and that's it? I may change the seal if it's not that hard,
otherwise it will just have to leak a little until i pull the engine
and trans in a rebuild.
Finally, in the bentley manual it says to fill the oil bath air
filter to the red line. My air filter has no red line! How deep
should the oil be when it is filled correctly? An inch? Half an Inch?
Thanks all,
jesse
71 fi squareback
Ps. I had a problem of an uneven idle that i had asked about maybe a
month ago. I did a valve adjustment this weekend and found that i had
a tight exhaust valve on one of the cylinders. I adjusted it and set
the timing and found that my idle problems seemed to have gone away.
Would the valse adjustment fix an uneven idle problem?